La Macina in Aliminusa
A stone country home set high on the hills overlooking the Tyrrenian sea with its endless shades of blue.
Placed above the village of Aliminusa, La Macina enjoys a very private and secluded position with panoramas stretching 360° round and yet is a mere kilometer from amenities.
Outside is a large garden hosting an ancient millstone, hence the name ”Macina” an inviting fruit orchard and a vegetable garden guests are welcome to use. At the back of the house sits a lovingly tendered vineyard and olive grove.
The house develops over two floors. The groud floor hosts a spacious kitchen tiled with colourful local ceramics, a full bathroom and a welcoming lounge with fireplace, sat tv, hi-fi system, 2 armchairs and a sofa-bed.
Off the lounge, an elegant wooden staircase leads to the first floor. Here are two single and one double bedrooms enjoying magnificen views.
Outside the kitchen a wide pergola hosts a wood oven and a table seating up to 18 guests – very reminiscent of Sicilian feasts!
All in all we really liked this place for its genuinity, the attention to detail, the marvellous views and the lovely people in the village.
You can’t miss a visit local farmers who produce fantastic sheep and goat cheeses as well as the famous sheep’s ricotta, traditional remedy to any ailment!
The house is owned by Francesca and Rosolino of Borgo La Chiusa in Siena and managed by Francesca’s parents Pina and Salvatore, who offer genuine, warm, careful attention yet respect the guests’ privacy.
- Address: 90020 Aliminusa PA, Italia
- Car: Necessary
- Leisure Activities: bird watching, eco tourism, sight seeing, walking
- Sports & Adventure Activities: cycling, diving, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, wind-surfing
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Kitchen: Refrigerator, Freezer, Oven, Pantry Items, Coffee Maker, Toaster, 4 Ring Stove
- Dining: Dining area
- Dining seats: 12
- Living: Living room
- Living seats: 6
- Children: Children welcome
- Smoking: Non smoking only
- Wheelchairs: Ask property manager
- Pets: Allowed
- Elderly or inform: Suitable for elderly or infirm
- Long-term Renters: Yes
- Events: Yes
- Themes: Adventure, Away From It All, Budget, Family
- Popular Amenities: Fireplace, Wood Stove, Heating, Linens Provided, Towels Provided, Washing Machine, Parking, Living Room, Toilet Paper
- Entertainment: Television, Satellite / Cable
- Pool and Spa Facilities: Private Pool
- Outdoor Features: Barbecue, Veranda, Garden
- Garden Chairs: 10
- Sunbeds and Beach Chairs: 6